Current Job Openings
Technical Production Coordinator
InVision Communications is an audience engagement agency that helps clients achieve business objectives through actionable and results-oriented solutions. Consistently voted an Event Marketeer Top 100 agency and Best Places to Work, we create live and digital engagements infused with passion, energy and community that move people to action and garner multiple industry awards.
JOB TITLE: Technical Production Coordinator
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Technical Director
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Production Coordinator is responsible for supporting the technical production process at InVision Communications. The Technical PC will provide direct support to select projects communicating effective technical solutions, cost estimates, and/or on-site technical direction. This person will utilize their skills and experience to support and keep IVC staff current on cutting edge technologies.
TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES: The general duties and responsibilities include:
Proposals and Projects
- Collaborate with account managers, event and media producers, strategic and creative resources, art directors and scenic designers to determine the most effective technical solutions to deliver against project parameters
- Help identify best possible technical vendors and tools for projects as required
- Determine preliminary cost estimates for staging and technical elements for selected projects
- Prepare technical RFPs and send to selected vendors as required
- Analyze vendor bids and help in vendor selection and negotiations as required
- Conduct or oversee site surveys on selected projects
- Supervise onsite logistics of technical elements as assigned
- Review post-production billing with producers as required
- Participate in post cons with client and internal team as required
Drafting and Rendering Services
- Cross-train in VectorWorks, Unity and Cinema4D to provide assistance and management of projects in drawing, PreViz/Rendering services as assigned
- Research and report to IVC staff new developments in technology that can support more innovative and strategic solutions for current and future IVC projects
- Assist in development and teaching of internal classes on event production technology and design techniques
- Assist in database maintenance of top vendors, resources, pictures, work, and project
- Assist in budgeting of projects
- Special projects as assigned by the Executive Technical Director
- Provide backup to other departments and perform other tasks as requested
- Complete and submit time sheets and expenses prior to communicated deadlines
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proficiency or experience in one or more of the following rendering software platforms - i.e. Cinema4D, 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Rhinoceros 3D, RenderWorks
- Experience in one or more of the following drafting software platforms a plus - i.e. VectorWorks, AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Experience in one or more of the following gaming engine software platforms a plus - i.e. Unity, Blender, Unreal, CryEngine, GameMaker, Construct
- Experience in the concept & schematic design a plus
- Proficiency in one or more of the following software platforms - i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Sketch
- Familiarity of Event Production lighting, audio, video, scenic, rigging and production equipment a plus
- Experience with both Mac OSX and Windows
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to give and accept constructive criticism professionally
- Ability to produce quality deliverables with short turnaround times
- Operate effectively as part of a larger team as well as independently
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and project management skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Passion for providing excellent service and quality
HOURS: The normal working hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. (40 hours per week), however, due to the nature and the scope of the position hours may be flexible.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform job duties that may include an average amount of lifting (+ or – 25lbs.), sitting, bending, stooping and standing is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Heavy travel is associated with this position. Travel for InVision related business is reimbursable at the amount allotted under state & federal guidelines. An expense report must be submitted for reimbursement.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: This position requires practical experience with a minimum of two years in Technical Event Production, Engineering, or related field with a minimum of one year experience with VectorWorks.