Current Job Openings
Director of Finance- WC
InVision Communications is an audience engagement agency that helps clients achieve business objectives through actionable and results-oriented solutions. Consistently voted an Event Marketeer Top 100 agency and Best Places to Work, we create live and digital engagements infused with passion, energy and community that move people to action and garner multiple industry awards.
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: chief Operating officer; chief executive officer
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Finance is responsible for all finance, accounting, IT and reporting activities. The Director of Finance leads all day-to-day operations of the finance and IT departments, including budget development and analysis for the company and satellite offices, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, cash management, compensation analysis, and insurance and legal matters. This position will also ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support the day to day operations of IVC.
- Partner with executive team on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with InVision’s strategic plan
- Prepare and present annual Plan of Action for Finance and IT based on InVision strategic plan.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, implementation of budgets & cash flow
- Ensure that finance staff maintains sound practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ensure integrity of company’s financial information
- Coordinate audit activities as needed
- Prepare and present annual renewal of workers compensation and liability insurance packages
- Maintain sound relationship with bank relationship officer
- Prepare and monitor annual closing process
- Prepare “Year in Review” slides for the year end staff meeting
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations including but not limited to Census Bureau’s and license renewals
- Participate in all due diligence activities as required by leadership and prepare financial schedules as needed
- Lead the company’s Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) function
- Serve as an advisor on organization’s financial, budgeting, and administrative processes
- Hire, train and manage finance and IT staff
- Manage bi-monthly payroll
- Compute bonus payouts and partner distributions
- Create and modify standard vendor and client agreements
- Work with outside counsel on legal matters as needed
- Review and sign all client and vendor NDA’s, MSA’s and other contracts required
- Evaluate all technology, software, infrastructure processes and present changes to leadership as needed
- Provide oversight and protection against all cybersecurity threats
- Oversee IT Manager and NetSuite Administrator during all NetSuite projects and customizations
- Evaluate and approve critical Netsuite projects related to business operations, GAAP compliance and government requirements
- Maintain data integrity across all systems including interfaced and integrated systems
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, controls, reporting and Information Technology.
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial and technology policies and procedures
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies
HOURS: The normal working hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. (40 hours a week)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform job duties that may include an average amount of lifting (+ or – 25lbs.), sitting, bending, stooping and standing is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Limited travel is associated with this position. Some travel to the satellite offices may be required. Travel for InVision related business is reimbursable at the amount allotted under state & federal guidelines. An expense report must be submitted for reimbursement.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a senior financial position including managing finance and administration of a $75M+ organization; a CPA and/or MBA is preferred.