Current Job Openings
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR- WC
Client Services & Business Dev
Who We Are
InVision Communications is an engagement solutions agency that helps clients translate business objectives into action and results-oriented campaigns. We accomplish this by designing and delivering world-class campaigns that draw upon a broad service offering consisting of Communication and Engagement Strategy, Experience and Creative Design, and Production.
JOB SUMMARY: InVision Communication’s Walnut Creek Office is looking for a Business Development Director who will lead new business initiatives across the full range of the Agency’s services. This role will help to enhance the agency’s new business strategy, while identifying opportunities, prospecting, and creating new relationships.
New Business Development
- Develop annual business plan, setting short- and long-term strategic course for growth of assigned business
- Locate and secure business opportunities within new accounts
- Work with Group Executive, Business Development to develop prospect list
- Research prospects and prospect’s industry to understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities
- Develop and implement overall new business development program and specific plan of action for each prospect
- Oversee CRM and demand generation efforts to target, pursue and manage outbound sales efforts
- Active networking at industry events
- Build and expand trusting, professional relationships with prospects
- Engage and lead internal teams in preparation for meetings and/or presentations
- Ensure client satisfaction and quality of deliverables from the team
- Ensure new clients are properly onboarded and set up for success
- Facilitate handoff from new business to project team. This may include team briefings and financial set up
- Maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Ensure that accurate prospect, forecast, project and Client information including Account Profiles are entered and maintained in Project database.
- Obtain signed master agreements and budgets, POs and/or SOWs for each project
- Ensure that Clients are invoiced in accordance with internal policies and Client agreements
- Ensure all Client invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Enter all activities in ERP database throughout process
- Attend and participate in monthly Sales and Account Management meetings
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Provide thought-leadership in new business strategy and position the agency for success among our competitors
- Strong knowledge of event industry
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strategic planning and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to effectively manage teams as well as work effectively as part of a team
- Passion for providing excellent service and quality
HOURS: Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (40 hours per week). However, due to the nature and scope of the position days and hours may fluctuate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform job duties that may include an average amount of lifting (+ or – 25lbs.), sitting, bending, stooping and standing is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate travel is associated with this position. Travel for InVision related business is reimbursable at the amount allotted under state & federal guidelines.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum of five years’ experience in sales, preferably in event marketing industry or related field.